a website collaboration between Science Service and the Smithsonian Institution

1945 - the court serves as a transition from interior to exterior lighting

THE COURT

CD 1966030 E&MP27.119

Electric Light

1945

Through the arch of the Public Hall lies the Court, 21 feet by 60 feet, illuminated by large pedestals so wired that their lights will play on the ceiling in constantly changing colors that blend perfectly one into the other.

Bracket lanterns, around the wall, complete the illumination here.

The court serves as a transition from interior to exterior lighting.

WESTINGHOUSE LIGHTING INSTITUTE
SEVENTH FLOOR
GRAND CENTRAL PALACE
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y.  


Original Caption by Science Service
Westinghouse



National Museum of American History

Home

Search - Site Map - Subjects to Choose From - Numbering Format

Credits - Copyright - Comments