SPACIOUS TELEMETERING TRAILER
August 29, 1952
Interior of the spacious telemetering trailer used by Douglas Aircraft company's Testing Division to monitor and direct the flights of high speed aircraft. On the left are the "working" side of the two 88 channel FM radio receiving racks, with monitor scopes for use of the radio technician. Engineers checking flights have duplicate scopes on the opposite side of the panels.
One of the two stand-by receivers is partially visible on the right side of the isle. In the right foreground are the magnetic tape recorders for the two radio links.
The pole on the left is the rotator by which a technician, watching
meters on the radio racks, keeps the helix antenna on the trailer
roof directed toward the airplane in flight.
Original Caption by Science Service